Conscious Breathing is an easy-to-understand and practical self-help book written for those of you who wish to improve your health, boost your energy and ability to enjoy life, and at the same time help you grow as a person. The book aims to communicate simple knowledge of good breathing techniques that you can apply anytime, anywhere.
For many, it has become a life-changing book when realizing the power of our breath and then getting the tools to improve their breathing patterns. Okay, that sounds great — but what’s the catch? There is no catch. The only potential obstacle is whether or not you are prepared to do the job necessary to change your breathing habits. The book gives you the tools, but it is up to you to use them 😊
We spend an enormous amount of money on the quest for improving our health, our looks, our weight, our fitness, our sleep, our energy, and our sex lives. But the fact is that we already have the secret key to all of these and more. What’s more, it doesn’t require you to spend a single penny.
The key to better looks, greater sex, improved health, reduced stress, and a much healthier, trimmer and more energetic body lies in something that is such a natural and fundamental part of our lives that we rarely even think about it—namely, our breathing!
We all know the importance of breathing. But few of us understand that HOW we breathe affects every single aspect of our life. Poor breathing habits, such as breathing too much, too shallowly, holding our breath, or feeling as if we are not breathing at all, can cause major stress to our body, resulting in oxygen depletion and energy shortage.
And that’s just the beginning. HOW you breathe can also change your looks by altering the shape and position of your teeth, chin, and bone structure; increase your weight by reducing your ability to burn fat; spoil your love life by reducing your stamina, blood flow and sexual enjoyment; affect your heart rate and intensify nervous anxiety and panic attacks, and even shorten your life.
The good news is it’s never too late to reverse the unhealthy side effects of poor breathing. In Conscious Breathing, the author Anders Olsson reveals some simple yet profoundly effective techniques that have helped thousands of people discover how easy it is to change every aspect of their lives for the better, simply by changing how they breathe.
- Normalize your blood pressure, circulation and heart rate
- Increase restful sleep and energize your waking hours
- Boost your body’s ability to burn fat
- Strengthen your immune system
- Improve your health, looks and sex drive
- Cultivate calm and relaxation
- Expand your awareness and accelerate your personal and spiritual growth and development with every breath you take.
Science: 120 references
Style: Easy to read
Author: Anders Olsson
"Nobody I've met knows more about breathing than Anders Olsson."
(best-selling author of Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art)
Conscious Breathing is the perfect users's guide to optimize breathing patterns, improve oxygenation, get better sleep, concentration and sense of well-being. Experience significant improvements to your health in just a few short days. Read Conscious Breathing!
(best-selling author of The Oxygen Advantage)
Breath training is perfect for an addictive personality like me. I read the book in one stretch. I have had so many revelations and new insights that I'm completely taken aback.
Ever since I read the book, I’ve been breathing consciously! 3-4 conscious breaths and my pain is gone. I am so happy, it’s like I’ve gotten a new life. I have a new youth ahead of me! Since I’ve reached my first goal with Conscious Breathing, almost pain-free, I’ve set a new goal–to lose unnecessary weight.
THE DEFINITE WORK ON HEALTHY, ENERGIZING BREATH! Finally! The Conscious Breathing book changes you, one breath at a time. Without hesitation nothing I have read or taken note of before explains in such a clear and motivating way how breathing affects you!
(Program Director at Swedish National TV)
PART I – BREATHING IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE
- Thanks – xi
- Seven Great Opportunities this Book has to Offer You – xiii
- Introduction – 1
- Chapter 1 – How Poor Breathing Impacts Your Health – 13
- Chapter 2 – How Breathing Works – 25
PART II – IMPROVE YOUR BREATHING NOW
- Chapter 3 – Five Simple Principles for Better Breathing – 41
- Chapter 4 – Retrain Your Breathing – 61
- Chapter 5 – Conscious Breathing for Stress Reduction – 81
- Chapter 6 – Conscious Breathing for Sports and Exercise – 99
- Chapter 7 – Working with the Relaxator to Improve Your Breathing – 121
PART III –
- Chapter 8 – How Your Breathing Can Affect Your Teeth and Facial Development
- Chapter 9 – Breathe Well, Sleep Well
- Chapter 10 – Improving Your Breathing Protects Your Heart and Circulatory System
- Chapter 11 – Breathing Better to Reduce Asthma, Allergy and COPD
- Chapter 12 – Aches, Pains and Fatigue: How Breathing Right Can Help
- Chapter 13 – Fat or Fit: Why Breathing Affects Your Digestion, Metabolism and Weight
- Chapter 14 – The Science of Breathing